Soap Dish Forum

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone have this problem? I'm sick of it.
Sudsphile
post Feb 15 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #26
spectator

What's French for \"bitch?\"

Chienne, I believe.

This thread was indeed a crack-up. Fortunately I haven't dealt with rude gift recipients. But I'm not immune to unsolicited business advice. Anyone who does it more than once is invited to invest a minimum of $20,000 in my business.

I'm glad that the folks here aren't willing to bend to the every demand and trend in the market.
xxx
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
millersfarm
post Feb 15 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #27
spectator

I guess I'm lucky....my worst experience was when I gave my grandmother a whole basket of lavender and ginger-scented soaps and bath salts...I was SO proud of it, and just knew she'd love it. Well, I found out much later she had secretly given it all to my sister (who loved it), because she is highly sensitive to fragrances in all products, but didn't want to hurt my feelings!

So then I made her some special Castile (100% olive oil) and also the same but with oat flour and honey, and some GM soap, all unscented. She hardly lets a day go by without telling me how much she loves this soap.

My mom once said, when I gave her one each of all my very special Christmas soaps (about 5 in all)..."What am I going to do with all this soap?" :lol: When I ask her if she likes a certain one, she says, "I'm still working on the buttermilk/oats bar!" One at a time, my mom. :roll:

Belinda
xxx
+Quote Post
elysium
post Feb 15 2005, 09:52 PM
Post #28
spectator

Dear Millersfarm,
Its nice when make something special for a person and they love it.
Most of my friends and family love my soaps, however I made plain Castile specially for a friend who is sensitive like your Gran, cured it 3 months etc. I gave it to her, no comments for weeks, finally I asked her and she said she didn't like it as it was a bit slimy. I told he that was all the lovely moisturising glycerine and she just shrugged and repeated that she didn't like it. Guess who has NEVER been given soap again.

Another funny market comment I get is people who look at your soaps, ask questions and then say *I don't use soap* as it irritates their skin, they prefer a shower gel (full of SLS no doubt!) Sometimes, if they are nice I'll suggest they try sample, but others are so rude and derrogatory that I wonder - WHY are you here???
xxx
+Quote Post
lsckatie
post Feb 15 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #29
enthusiast

I have to add a little story about my own MOTHER. I don't think she's ever understood what soap-making means to me and despite the fact that we've had a successful business for several years....she just doesn't get it. To be fair, she does use my soap and insists on paying for it.

However (back to my original point), I made some shampoo bars a few years back. We're both "hair-freaks" and try to treat our hair with the utmost care. So I'm describing this fabulous shampoo bar and she asks me, "Will it make my hair fall out?"

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh yeah, Mom. That's it EXACTLY. I can't believe you caught on to my evil plan.

No, she did NOT receive any shampoo bars.
xxx
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Help Support the Soap Dish    Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 08:06 PM